404 Object not found, Maybe dog ate object
Heres a couple of Drink Recipes, while you are here:
Peach Summer Sangria
Peach Summer SangriaI is ideal for a summer BBQ, or just to sip on a hot summer evening, best made the night before.
For The Syrup:
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 strips Lemon or Orange Peel
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 750 ml Red Wine
- ½ cup Metaxa Brandy (or your favourite Brandy)
- 1 medium ripe Peach, sliced
- 1 medium Orange, sliced
- 2 cans Ginger Ale, or 7-UP/Sprite
- 1 cup Syrup
To Make The Syrup:
- First add the water, sugar, cinnamon, cloves and lemon peel in to a small pot and bring to a boil
- Then lower to a simmer and boil for another 6 minutes.
- Take off the heat and add the honey and allow to cool.
- Remove rind, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add your wine, sliced fruit, ginger ale and brandy and stir.
- Add the syrup in increments, stir and make as sweet as you wish.
- Cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- To serve, place some ice in each glass and pour the sangria.
Ginger Tea Treat yourself to a cup of piping hot ginger tea, a healthy drink that's great for digestion.
- 4-6 thin slices raw Ginger, or more
- 1 ½-2 cups Water
- Juice from ½ Lime, or to taste (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons Honey or Brown Sugar, or to taste
- Peel the ginger and slice thinly to maximize the surface area.
- This will help you make a very flavourful ginger tea.
- Boil the ginger in water for at least 10 minutes.
- For a stronger and tangier tea, allow to boil for 20 minutes or more, and use more slices of ginger.
- Remove from heat and add lime juice and honey or sugar to taste.
- The secret to making a really flavourful ginger tea is to use plenty of ginger - more than you think you will need - and also to add a bit of lime juice and honey to your ginger tea.
- You will also probably want to add more honey than you think you will need as well.
- Enjoy your hot ginger tea!
- A home-made ginger tea is excellent in soothing stomach aches and in aiding digestion